Saturday, February 4, 2012

Day 4: Natchez Trace

Day one down on the parkway! We walked 17 miles today, including one mile from our hotel to the beginning of the road. It rained just about all day today, but stopped in time for us to set up camp and cook dinner.

We visited a neat old cabin along the way today. It served as an inn to the travelers of the original Natchez Trace road. Thanks to Dennis, Scott, and Debi of the National Park Service for the great tour and good conversation.

PS, umbrellas are amazing, don't leave home without one! We're pretty tired from our big first day today. Think dry thoughts for us tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Okay, I'm starting to feel sore watching you all! But I'm envious at the same time. Keep on trekking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chris & Jen

    Glad I was finally able to get up to your site. I have the picture I took of you two in front of the visitor center at Mount Locust. Once I figure how to upload it to you, I will.
    Good luck on your trek, we look forward to reading your about your adventure.
    God Bless
    Debi M
    Mount Locust Inn
    Natchez Trace Parkway
    Park Volunteer

    ReplyDelete